Job title: Communications Officer
Shamseya for Innovative Community Healthcare Solutions
Shamseya is an Egyptian non-profit company established in 2012 which aims at:
- Creating sustainable community-based interventions for healthcare challenges.
- Supporting enterprises in positively impacting their beneficiaries’ health.
- Promoting social accountability and community-inclusion in health-related policy decisions.
The head office of Shamseya is in Saad Zaghloul Street in downtown, Cairo.
- Developing a marketing and communications plan that includes goals, strategy and budget
- Creating a media relations strategy, aiming for top opportunities in print, online media and broadcast
- Developing a social media strategy and managing the production of materials that engages audiences
- Creating and publishing original, relevant and high-quality content for press releases, promotional material (incl. articles) and presentations
- Maintaining knowledge of the company’s activities as well as relevant topics and news
- Coordinating all public relations activities
- Cultivating new contacts within the business and media while maintaining existing media relationships
- Graphic design accompanying documents and published materials
- Keeping track of the PR results, analyzing and communicating them
- Creating content that is optimized for search engines
- Managing the printing of materials when necessary
- MA/BA in Advertising, Marketing, Communications media, journalism, graphic design or a related discipline
- Strong interest in the healthcare field
- Previous marketing, PR or media relations experience would be a significant plus
- Confidence in public speaking
- Experience with social media management
- Enthusiasm and creativity
- Confidence to take the lead and guide colleagues when necessary
- In-depth knowledge of local media outlets
- Skilled in graphic design
- Proficient in content generation
- Excellent writing and language skills in both English and Arabic
- Ability to efficiently communicate ideas and information in written and visual formats
- Highly knowledgeable of the principles of search engine optimization and Google analytics would be a plus
- Proficient use of Adobe Photoshop, illustrator and / or other similar programs
- This is a full-time job, however, there will be a 3-month probation period, after which, a decision about employment will be made.
- The main working place is in downtown Cairo
- Starting time is expected to be by the beginning of October 2016.
We are a team that is built on diverse disciplines, backgrounds and experiences, but one thing that brings us all under one roof is our motivation to transform healthcare.
If you are interested in joining us please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated CV.
- Motivation letter: We need you tell us about how you got to learn about this vacancy, why you believe you’d be most suitable candidate for it and how would you contribute to this project.
- Graphic design samples or portfolio
- Articles, press releases, promotional material generated by you
You can add further documents which you consider relevant to this position.