Shamseya is a social enterprise founded in 2012 in Egypt. The primary focus of Shamseya is to solve local healthcare challenges while placing actual and potential patients at the center of healthcare decision-making. Shamseya provides customized healthcare and management solutions for developmental projects and businesses alike.
Our work is mainly tech-oriented and most projects aim at promoting patients’ rights, social accountability and patient-centeredness through empowering the patient and encouraging constructive behaviors. Other tools were designed to help improve health service quality and efficient patient-doctor communication.
What we are looking for..
..a hard-working software engineer to join our team. Someone with the ambition, capacity and resourcefulness to translate our work into effective tools; who knows how to fetch information and believes that anything can be done.
If you are interested in healthcare and keen on solving some of its shortcomings with us, then Shamseya is the place for you. We are a team that is built on diverse disciplines, backgrounds and experiences, all passionate about transforming healthcare and with everyone encouraged to maintain individuality. Should you decide to join the team, an attractive offer, a comfortable yet stimulating work environment would be awaiting you.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Shamseya has a flat hierarchy. You will be reporting to everyone and vice versa.
Contract type: Full-time
Benefits: We are willing to provide an attractive package that increasingly ensures the best work environment you can ask for. Most importantly, you will be able to turn codes into measurable impact on people’s lives.
- Architect, Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications (using PHP Laravel framework).
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team.
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools.
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- Total years of development experience from 2 to 4 years.
- Writing and understanding object-oriented PHP
- Experience with Laravel 5 PHP Framework
- Experience with SQL schema design
- Ability to learn quickly and operate in a fast-pace environment.
- Open minded to new solutions, forward thinking and strong ability to adapt
- Git version control workflows
- SOLID principles
- REST API design
- Experience with other PHP frameworks
- MySQL experience and query optimization skills
- Python would be a big advantage
Candidates key features:
- Demonstrates capacity and commitment to solve day to day challenges, look for solutions and learn
- Is a strong multi-tasker and able to independently prioritize duties
- Identifies and solves problems in a timely manner, meets required deadlines
- Capable of working collaboratively as well as independently
- Has excellent project management skills
- Able to explain technical information to non-technical users
Our main office is in downtown Cairo, 2 minutes from the Saad Zaghloul Metro station.
37, Mobtadayan Street, Appartment 1006.
Application and selection process:
If interested in this position, kindly send to: firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- An updated CV
- Portfolio or examples of previous work, indicating your exact role in it
- Why you are interested in this position and if you will be having any other professional commitments we should be aware of.
Following a scheduled interview with the selected candidates, a task-based fixed-term arrangement will take place before long-term employment is considered.
Application deadline: None, we will close this position as soon as a suitable candidate is found. So, apply soon.